The Four-in-Hand Knot is a common tie knot and an easy-to-learn tie knot. It is a double bow style usually used in more formal occasions such as business meetings, weddings, etc.
Here’s how to tie the Coachman’s Knot:
1. Wrap the longer end of the tie around the shorter end to form a loop.
2. Pass the long end through the loop and tighten.
3. Pass the long end through the loop again and pull tight.
4. Turn the tie knot over so that the long end is facing up and the short end is facing down.
5. Insert the long end under the tie knot and pull tight.
6. Adjust the size and shape of the tie knot to make it look neat and nice.
Because of its simplicity and elegance, the Coachman's Knot has become the tie knot of choice for many people in formal occasions. At the same time, it is also a very classic tie knot style that is suitable for people of all ages and body types.